Just determining how much you need in retirement is challenging. One rule of thumb is to accumulate eight times your final salary. However, this could lead to either too much or too little money. If you have income that will be tax-free, like Roth IRA withdrawals or if you pay off your house, you might not need that much. On the other hand, if you live longer than 92 years, if you want to retire before 67, or if you run into unexpected expenses, eight times won’t be enough.
Retirement planning isn’t about a magic number.
Our planners sit down with you and start by understanding what you want your retirement to be. Once we understand your goals, we can formulate a plan with you. We will help you define:
- How much you need to save both now and the future
- Whether or not to pay off your house or other expenses
- How to meet other life goals while you’re planning for retirement
- When to invest in an IRA, a 401(k), a Roth, or a taxable account
- How to allocate assets both now and in the future to maximize your reward relative to your risk
Retirement planning requires a mixture of investment advice, tax advice, and legal advice to give you the best possible results.
To receive a consultation with one of our retirement planners, please fill in the form below. One of our experts will be in touch to start helping you make your retirement dreams come true.