Financial planning isn’t about selling your services and investments. It’s about analyzing your needs and wants and coming up with ways to:
- Ensure that your family is protected no matter what happens. Part of this is analyzing your insurance coverage so that you have the right amounts of the right types of protection. Sometimes, this even means reducing your total coverage if you’ve got too much. Protecting your family is about more than insurance, though. It’s also about making sure that every member of your family can be cared for in the event that they can’t care for themselves, and about making sure that everyone knows what to do if the unforeseen occurs.
- Provide for your children’s education, both in college and for pre-collegiate educational expenses. A financial plan takes advantage of the tax-advantaged savings plans available to help you have enough money to create opportunity for your children while also not limiting their ability to collect any financial aid that may be available.
- Prepare you for retirement by figuring out what you’ll need to enjoy your golden years. Once we’ve determined what you need, we can build a plan that takes your current savings, your willingness to take risk, and your life goals into account.
- Achieve your investment goals. In the near term, this means building an emergency fund that can protect your family in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Over a longer goal, it’s about finding the right mix of risk and reward for your goals, maximizing both. At the same time, a financial plan also considers the tax code to ensure that you can keep as much of what you earn and build as possible.
- Build a legacy. Successful financial plans build wealth that is enduring. Your plan will contain strategies to protect what you’ve built from the greed of the tax-man while also ensuring that your final wishes are quickly carried out without the intrusion of probate.
Financial plans don’t come from the Internet. They come from one-on-one consultation. You can get started on yours by filling out the form below and requesting a consultation with our expert planners.